The Fuel Quality Check is an efficient and useful tool for applying preventive environmental antipollution measures, foreseen by Annex VI of MARPOL 73/78 Regulation 14 and 18, developed by IMO.
The benefits of sampling and testing the bunkered fuel are:
- verifying the fuel supplier reliability by comparing the actual and declared product quality
- reducing risk of machinery damage and engine failure
- reducing operative and maintenance costs
- verifying compliance prior to any Port State Control under Annex VI of Marpol 73/78 and reducing risk of PSC detentions
- improving Master and crew familiarity with fuel oil quality management procedures
Furthermore, we also supply a comprehensive set of instructions in order to comply with the regulations.
For the provision of the Fuel Quality Check service RINA will provide service management, sampling materials, fuel testing and certification, as well as technical support and historical records.
RINA provides practical suggestions and recommendations with analysis report and an expert is at your disposal for phone assistance, further clarifications, information and technical support.
Besides, in addition to the sampling materials, RINA offers procedures for the sampling operations management that let the Client take a representative sample of the bunkered fuel in conformance with Annex VI of MARPOL 73/78 and IMO`s Regulations.
Furthermore, in correspondence with technical activities, RINA provides a structured documental system in order to mark every relevant part of the process and produce legal evidence in case of quality claims.