The profound knowledge of activities that make up the value chain of maritime and terrestrial transport gives RINA the know-how to offer customized and durable services that result in feasibility studies.
The feasibility activities provide support to international operators of the transport sector that take strategic decisions in the field of planning, economics, market analysis, systems, investments and training.
The targets of this service are central Administrations and local authorities, port authorities, associations and consortia of public operators, permitting them to obtain in-depth studies, accurate and impartial analyses and studies for innovative solutions.
The main components of the service are the following:
- Macroeconomic studies and national and international scenario development
- Compared analyses at national and international level, to measure the performance and the organizational efficacy of port systems
- Planning and development of transport systems and services
- Sectorial studies drafting, divulgation of activities and events participation
- Assistance to the public institutions for the planning of transportation policies and infrastructures management
- Evaluation of territorial and economical aspects related to the transportation infrastructures
- Consultancy services to public operators for the preparation of business plan, evaluation and definition of organization models and internal governance
- Investments and method of financing analysis
- Actions to support the definition, estimation and evaluation of areas/spaces to designate at the ship and port industrial activities
A RECENT PROJECT
Technical, socio-economic and supply/demand study regarding the FERRMED Great Rail Network which links the Scandinavian Peninsula with the Iberian Peninsula.
Scope of the study: to match freight supply and demand during the period 2007-2025 in the FERRMED Great Axis area of influence and to optimize traffic between the different modes of transportation in view of increasing rail traffic by 30-35% by implementing FERRMED Standards and improving the conditions of capacity, intermodality and interoperability of the Great Axis Network.
Several European countries are involved, including the Scandinavian Peninsula, Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain.
RINA is carrying out a detailed analysis of the rail infrastructures inherent in the Italian area of the Great Axis Rail Network, the major interconnections and the complementary inter-modal terminals, operating conditions, the environment, the FERRMED standards and the new transport methods in order to match supply with demand.
Moreover, the RINA is in charge of defining precisely the benefits of modernization of the FERRMED Great Axis Rail Network referring to the Italian area, and of determining the necessary investments and expected cost-efficiency.
The study will analyze the socio-economic and environmental consequences of modernizing or not the FERRMED Great Axis Network.