RINA offers assistance to developing countries, supporting them in the consolidation of capacities and/or competencies.
Capacity Building goes beyond the simple concept of training.
RINA, in fact supports the client in the development of processes, procedures and legal system structure aimed at facilitating the exchange of information and working in a regulated context. Its commitment also includes training human resources, enabling them to deal with and implement work in an efficient and effective manner.
A RECENT PROJECT
Study for the development of an integrated system of maritime and port security and safety control and exchange of computerized data V.T.M.I.S. (2007) Algeria.
Scope of the Project: preliminary design and assessment of the Algerian VTMIS (Vessel Traffic Monitoring Study) System, in accordance with the operational requirements and constraints imposed by the Algerian Ministry of Transportation.
The support provided by RINA was related to the review of the feasibility study and preliminary design, assessment of port security and identification of training needs.
The Project was characterized by the following tasks:
- Assessment of the current state of the Algerian maritime port sector, including port organization, traffic volumes and types, maritime safety, aids to navigation
- Traffic control and security in communication systems already in use
- Preliminary design of VTMIS integrated architecture
- Description of all the major subsystems which make up the Algerian VTMIS
- Budgetary estimation of the implementation cost of the system
Activities developed by RINA:
- Assistance during the kick-off meeting and presentation of the final report of the study
- Review of the port facility security plan for the following ports: Algiers, Bejaia, Ghazaouet, Skikda, Annaba, Dellys, Mostaganem, Tenes, Arzew, Djen Djen and Oran
- Review of the feasibility study and preliminary design
- Preparation of job profiles and responsibilities for VTMIS and Security operators
- Preparation of a training scheme relevant to security and VTS personnel in compliance with the applicable international requirements