RINA offers optimisation systems based on the most recent optimisation technologies.
By creating simulation models on the basis of an existing or planned system, we can compare alternative layouts and logistic solutions, determine management criteria, assess expected performance and estimate implementation and operating costs.
The high number of possible solutions, the complexity of the constraints involved and interaction among different goals makes it difficult to identify the best logistic solutions without using a method developed specifically for the purpose.
The model may be applied to an entire system or to parts thereof: a port, an airport, a railway or road network, a warehouse, a distribution facility, an intermodal terminal, a distribution network or a factory.
The feasibility study of a project, often based on use of mathematical simulation models, is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of experts who investigate specific fields and analyse the overall behaviour of the system under study.
RINA can conduct all the studies required to identify the data the model requires as input, including:
- preliminary plan and estimate of the costs associated with the planned changes to the infrastructures
- analysis of the plant`s reliability
- analysis of historical series of arrivals
- preliminary plans for special ships and load movement systems (conveyor belts, cranes, continuous unloaders, etc)
- definition of the limits on conditions for ships to come into the port and moor
- studies of weather and sea conditions
Finally, we have significant experience working with important partners on optimisation of logistics systems.